Parents and Grandparents

Author: Reset Canada Immigration |

Canadian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor their parents and grandparents to immigrate to Canada and obtain permanent residence.

To be eligible to sponsor your parents or grandparents to Canada, a sponsor must meet the following requirements:

  • Be at least 18 years old
  • Live in Canada
  • Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
  • Meet or exceed the minimum necessary income (MNI) requirement for Family Sponsorship
  • Sign an undertaking agreement that commits you to provide financial support for your sponsored parents or grandparents for 20 years. 
  • Have enough money to support the persons you want to sponsor