An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air. An eTA is electronically linked to a traveller’s passport. It is valid for up to five years or until the passport expires, whichever comes first. If you get a new passport, you need to get a new eTA.
With a valid eTA, you can travel to Canada as often as you want for short stays (normally for up to six months at a time). You do not need an eTA for travel within Canada.
An eTA does not guarantee entry to Canada. When you arrive, a border services officer will ask to see your passport and other documents – for example, a U.S. Green Card. You must convince the officer that you are eligible for entry into Canada.
You must meet some basic requirements to get a visitor visa. You must:
- Have a valid travel document, like a passport
- Be in good health
- Have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
- Convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country
- Convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
- Have enough money for your stay
- The amount of money you will need depends on how long you will stay and if you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.
You may also need a medical exam and letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.
Serving Across Brampton, Toronto, Mississauga, Caledon, Guelph, London, Hamilton, Niagara, Barrie, Milton, Ajax, Oshawa, Pickering, and the surrounding areas.
Also serving clients from Jamaica, Trinidad, Antigua and Barbuda, The Bahamas, Barbados, Haiti, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Republic of the Congo, Cameroon, Ghana, Côte d'Ivoire, Senegal, Ethiopia, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Sri Lanka, Columbia, Egypt, Philippines, Honduras, Belize, Nicaragua, Vietnam, Cayman Islands, Indonesia, Ecuador, Dominica, Algeria, Bangladesh, Peru, Dominican Republic, Nepal, Brazil, Grenada, Singapore, Argentina, Guyana, Turkey, Suriname, Paraguay, Morocco, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Angola, Saint Lucia, Libya & Trinidad and Tobago.