What is a super visa?
A canada super visa lets parents and grandparents visit their children or grandchildren for up to 2 years at a time. It is a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years.
How to obtain a super visa?
To be eligible for a super visa canada, you must:
- Be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- Have a signed letter from your child or grandchild who invites you to Canada that includes:
- A promise of financial support for the length of your visit
- The list and number of people in the household of this person
- A copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document
- Have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is:
- Valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry
- At least $100,000 coverage
- Have proof that the medical insurance has been paid (quotes aren’t accepted)
You must also:
- Apply for a super visa from outside Canada
- Be allowed to enter Canada
- Take an immigration medical exam
- Meet certain other conditions